Thanks everyone for making me feel a welcome part of the Legacy Family. I wanted to take a moment to share an update on the Legacy Christian Academy Football program plan from March to August 2018. This includes some general information as well as a rough calendar.
- Any student interested in playing football needs to visit with me as soon as possible. This includes all entering 8th graders to entering seniors. We will be introducing and implementing our football system in the high school upon returning from Spring Break, Monday, March 19.
- If you are entering 7th grade I will be sending you another email and also send a note home with your child.
- March 19 – April 27: Weekly routine
Monday/Wednesday – Defense Insertion and Agilities
Tuesday/Thursday – Offense Insertion and Agilities
Friday – Special Teams Insertion and Competition
- April 28 – May 17: Spring Practice. This will include entering 8th graders to entering seniors. This will not be a padded spring practice. Dates and times of spring practice are as follows.
Saturday, April 28 – 7:00am to 9:30am
Monday, April 30 – 3:15 to 5:30
Tuesday, May 1 – 3:15 to 5:30
Wednesday, May 2 – 3:15 to 5:30
Thursday, May 3 – 3:15 to 5:30
Friday, May 4 Early Dismissal No Practice
Saturday, May 6 – 7:00am to 9:30
Monday, May 7 – 3:15 – 5:30
Tuesday, May 8 – 3:15 – 5:30
Wednesday, May 9 – 3:15 -5:30
Thursday, May 10 – 3:15 – 5:30
Friday, May 11 – 3:15 – 5:30
Saturday, May 12 – No Practice
Monday, May 14 – 3:15 – 5:30
Tuesday, May 15 – 3:15 -5:30
Wednesday, May 16 – 5:30 Tailgate Get Together (entering 7th – 12th grade students)
- June 4 – July 19: Strength and Conditioning Camp. Look for the opportunity to sign up for this camp in upcoming Legacy eblasts. While not mandatory, this camp is strongly encouraged for as many weeks as possible. Camp will not meet the week of 4th of July.
Entering 9th through 12th 7:00 am to 8:30 am
Entering 7th and 8th 8:30 am to 10:00 am
- June 4, 11, 18: 7 on 7 tournaments for designated players
JV – 6:00 pm
Varsity – 7:00 pm
- July 23 – July 31 – This is a TAPPS Dead Period
- August 1 is Report Date – I will have detailed information coming out of spring practice.
I hope this is helpful. For the athletes that are in other sports right now, “give it your all.” I encourage athletes to do as many sports as they can for as long as they can. It is imperative to let me know if you are even considering coming out for football. This helps us prepare and become the best we can be! When your season is over, come on over. It is also important that we have great communication. I will expect you to be on time to all practices and games, and that you communicate with me before the fact if you cannot be at a practice or a team function.
God Bless You,
Coach Scott Smith
BE THE BEST
Parents and students: Please feel free to call me or email me at anytime.
email@example.com | 972-948-3784
Legacy Christian Academy is Frisco's only Pre-K through 12 Christian school committed to educating students in a college preparatory environment balanced in academics, athletics, and fine arts–all within the context of a biblical worldview. For the latest information on Legacy athletics, subscribe today. For more information on Legacy, visit our admissions page.