Statement of Faith
Legacy Christian Academy is a non-denominational, evangelical school. It is important for each of our families to understand and agree with the basic Biblical standards that the school is based upon.
- We believe that the Bible is inspired by God, inerrant and authoritative, without error in the original writing, and that it is the divine and final authority for Christians. Examine these Scriptures: II Timothy 3:16; Psalms 12:6, 119:105, 160; II Peter 1:16, 20, 21; Proverbs 30:5.
- We believe in one God, creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons. Examine these Scriptures: Genesis 1:1, 26, 27; 2:22; Psalms 90:2; Matthew 28:19; I Peter 1:2; II Corinthians 13:14.
- We believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, born of the Virgin Mary; we believe that Christ shed His blood on the cross, dying for our sins as a substitutionary sacrifice, and that He arose bodily from the grave and ascended into heaven; we believe that man finds salvation only through faith in Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. Examine these Scriptures: Matthew 1:22,23; Hebrews 4:14, 15; Acts 1:9-11; Isaiah 9:6; I Corinthians 15:3,4; I Timothy 6:14,15; John 1:1-5; 14:10-30; Romans 1:3,4; Titus 2:13.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity, equal with God the Father and God the Son; He indwells every believer from the moment of salvation and empowers the Christian for godly living. Examine these Scriptures: II Corinthians 3:17; Acts 1:8; Ephesians 1:13; Ephesians 5:18; John 16:7-13, 14:16, 17; I Corinthians 2:12, 3:16; Galatians 5:25.
- We believe that all true believers from the day of Pentecost until the rapture are members of the universal church regardless of organizational affiliation.
- Please see the Student Handbook for more details on LCA’s beliefs and the foundation of our faith and worldview.