Meal-Time Monday with The Burgess'
This week, we visited with the Burgess family, whose son Gavin is a freshman, for our Meal Time Monday feature. The Burgess' mentioned that the sale of dining room tables decreasing rapidly over the last decade. Our own research turned up this trivia question on a radio show's Impossible Trivia feature, “Experts say this common, household item is quickly becoming obsolete. What's the item?” You guessed it: the dining room table. The reality is that with so many activities taking us outside the home, it gets harder and harder to eat together as a family.
“Now that our child is a teenager, we see this first hand. But with our simple Burgess tradition, ‘Family Dinner Night', we hope it is one habit that we pass on from generation to generation,” Mrs. Burgess shared. “It takes some planning, maybe some rearranging of schedules to get everyone on board, but with some effort it is worth the reward!” Can we get an, “Amen”?
Mrs. Burgess added, “We have a motto in our home, ‘I cook, you clean!'” And, with this chicken recipe it's easy to do both. Be sure to visit our new Pintrest recipe board for this recipe & more. Have a recipe to share? Want to nominate a family for Meal-Time Monday? Comment below or email us!
Burgess' Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Package of chicken breasts (enough for your family)
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9×11 pyrex dish with foil.
- Sprinkle bottom of foil generously with soy sauce and worcestershire, place chicken in pan.
- Sprinkle chicken with lemon pepper seasoning and salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle top of chicken breasts with more soy, worcestershire, and fresh lemon juice.
- Cover tightly with foil and place in oven for 60 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.