INCLEMENT WEATHER AND SCHOOL CLOSINGS
Legacy Christian Academy values the instructional time our teachers have with our students. Therefore, we have developed a policy that allows LCA to have an instructional day in the event inclement weather.
In the event FISD closes school for the day due to inclement weather, LCA will automatically trigger a 10:00 a.m. start. LCA will use the following safety guidelines in determining IF school will open for the day.
- If roads are not safe to travel on or the school is not operational, then school will be closed for the remainder of the day.
- If roads are safe to travel on and the school is operational, then school will open at 10:00 a.m. for the remainder of the day.
Once a determination is made regarding school open or closure, communication will be made to LCA faculty, staff, and families by 7:30 a.m.
Notification will be either:
- LCA will be closed for the school day.
- LCA will be open at 10:00 a.m.
LCA will use the following methods to communicate school closure details:
- Automated phone calls through SchoolReach;
- Email to all LCA families;
- Posting on the LCA website;
- Posting on the three major media outlets;
Breakfast will not be offered on a late start day. On a late start, Lunch Thyme Catering will offer a hot lunch but the alacarte selections will be limited. LCA will encourage families to send a sack lunch with students on late start days. If the cafeteria staff is prohibited from arriving at school, arrangements have been made for LCA to order lunch from Chic-fil-A, Kroger, or a local pizza restaurant.
The inclement weather policy is always available in our parent & student handbook.