Legacy's Got Talent!
The Hollywood Reporter released their annual rankings of the world's top music schools in their November 14 issue. According to the article, the rankings are based upon “[The Hollywood Reporter's] editors and dozens of industry and academic insiders' [assessment of] each school's reputation,” and then the top twenty-five schools anonymously ranked one another.
We are excited to announce that five of our alumni attend or graduated from four of the top music schools:
- James Journey (2004), University of North Texas #17
- Daniel McFarlin (2009), Belmont University #24
- Bryce Gillet (2010, pictured middle), New England Conservatory #6
- Casey Foster (2014, pictured top), University of North Texas #17
- Eric Sweet (2014, pictured bottom), Eastman School of Music #8
“The success of these alumni is a testament to their dedication to capitalize on the gifts with which God blessed them, and we count it a privilege to have been able to nurture their talents during their time at Legacy,” shared Adam Housley, Associate Head for Advancement.
Legacy offers students a college preparatory education; central to that education is fine arts. 100% of students in pre-K through grade 10 participate in a fine arts course, and many upper classmen continue with their fine art study.