Mealtime Monday with the Sheridan Family
This week we visited with the Sheridan family regarding what family meals look like in their house, as well as their favorite pizza recipe! Trace, Jess, & Marley (Kindergarten) are new to Legacy this year.
If we came and ate dinner with you, what would we notice?
Trace: Dinner in the our house is a time of sharing, communicating and evaluation with no distractions such as cell phones and TV.
What does meal preparation look like?
Jess: We each have our roles when it comes to dinner time. Trace & I normally split responsibilities on cooking the food, while Marley is responsible for setting and clearing the table. Our boxer, Gummi Bear, is responsible for cleaning the floor.
Beyond the food itself, what does your family value about mealtime?
Trace & Jess: Dinner time is where we have a chance to reflect upon our days, give glory to the Lord, and determine how we can be better to serve our Father.
Gourmet Chicken Pizza
For printable version click here.
- 2 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 pizza dough (Pillsbury)
- 1 8oz pkg Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400. Put Dough in 13 x 9 pan & cook for 9 mins. Then move pizza crust to a stone to cook pizza on.
- Chop one large COOKED chicken breast.
- In a small bowl, mix together the butter, olive oil, garlic, basil, oregano, Parmesan cheese & Alfredo.
- Pour desired amount of sauce mixture evenly on top of the pizza crust. Top with chicken then cover with Mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on 375 for 10 mins until toppings are done!