*Reminder: please do not drop students off before 7:45.
Dear Legacy Community,
I know many of you felt like the image here Thursday, and as so often accompanies the back to school routine, I am reaching out with pertinent carline information that will hopefully help everyone get home safely and efficiently. Please know that safety is always our chief concern, and we will always prioritize the safety of our students and staff over convenience and efficiency. With these goals in mind, please remember the following when you enter campus:
Carlines is an excellent opportunity to display Christ-like attitudes for our own children, formative teenage drivers, neighborhood drivers, Frisco police personnel, and Frisco residents in general.
- One-Lane Entry on Academy: Traffic entering campus on Academy Drive canNOT split into two lanes until you pass the Cabazon Street entrance. Cones will be in place today to prevent this.
- No Cueing: Arriving early and parking on Academy Drive, Fighting Eagles Lane, or the basketball courts is prohibited. We have many children to load into cars during each dismissal time. When parents arrive during another release time, it creates a large back up and parents who need to get through carlines simply cannot. If you have children with different dismissal times, we will hold your younger child and allow them to leave with their older sibling.
- Gold Lot = Early Arrival Lot: If you wish to arrive early or need a place to wait until your child is released, please proceed to the Gold Lot located to the west of the football field.
- Traffic Violations: please be advised that the Frisco Police Department has instructed us that they will cite drivers who park and obstruct the flow of traffic.
- Neighborhood Parking: All students must park on campus. Parking in Cheyenne Crossing is not permitted.
- Follow Carline Procedures: All parents are asked to follow carline directions. As tempting as it is to park alongside Fighting Eagles Lane or in Cheyenne Crossing, we ask that you please follow directions.
- Traffic Violations: please be advised that the Frisco Police Department has instructed us that they will cite drivers who park and obstruct views at stop signs.
Carline maps can be reviewed here. Thank you so much for a wonderful start to the 2018-2019 school year!
Adam Housley, M. Ed
Chief Operations Officer