Support for Students
The Legacy Learning Center is designed to provide support for students with diagnosed learning differences and/or ADHD in order to maximize their potential for success within the LCA curriculum and to prepare them for college. Lower, Middle, and Upper Schools each have their own dedicated room and specially trained teacher. At a cost of $2000/year, this program provides support for qualified students at all grade levels, in order to maximize their potential for success within the LCA curriculum.
- Completion of a formal battery of tests, including academic and achievement testing.
- Test results must be current within three years.
- The students must have a functional limitation (there is an educational need for accommodations and support).
LEGACY LEARNING CENTER PROVIDES THE FOLLOWING
- Dedicated/scheduled class time for each participant four times/week
- Skill support and development in test taking, studying, and organization
- Academic Content support
- Academic progress monitoring
- Weekly assignment priority planning
- Self-advocacy training
- Private, quiet testing area
- Personal case manager
- Dedicated liaison between classroom teacher(s) and support (when appropriate)
- Dedicated liaison between parent(s) and school (when appropriate)
- Dedicated case manager for overall academic progress
- Collaborative, individualized educational accommodation plan
- Teachers/specialists in the area of learning differences
- Standardized Testing Accommodations
- PSAT, SAT, and ACT Applied Accommodations
- Special Services College Assistance
WHAT THE LEGACY LEARNING CENTER IS NOT
- A replacement for a specialized intervention program (such as dyslexia program or speech and language)
- A room where anyone struggling can get help
- Modified curriculum help
- Homework help
- Just a study hall
Legacy Learning Center Applications
Director & Upper School Learning Specialist
Diagnostician & Upper School Learning Specialist