Private Christian Elementary School
Your child’s experience in Lower School will set the foundation for their future success. During these critical elementary years, students master fundamentals in core subjects such as reading, writing, and math, all while growing by leaps and bounds physically, socially, and emotionally. At Legacy Christian Academy, students find a close-knit community centered on Christian values — a place where they feel truly known and loved.
Our Lower School program (1st-4th grade) is purposefully designed to instill a biblical worldview, build strong character, and nurture a lifelong love for learning. Below, you’ll find a brief overview of what we offer, including:
A Joyful Learning Experience That Meets Students Where They Are
Whether your child is fresh out of kindergarten or in their final years of Lower School, their learning environment plays a significant role in their ability to thrive. At LCA, we view children as individuals with limitless potential. Our teachers provide personalized attention to ensure each student is appropriately challenged and supported as they build a strong academic foundation. In our Lower School classrooms, you will find:
- Small groups. We are committed to maintaining optimal student-to-teacher ratios, and our Lower School teachers utilize small groups to facilitate both differentiated instruction and collaborative learning.
- An active learning approach. Students enjoy lots of interaction, hands-on activities, and meaningful projects that bring learning to life.
- A thriving, connected community. Lower schoolers engage with our older students who volunteer as reading buddies, car line helpers, and classroom interns. Lower school students attend pep rallies and other all-school events which creates enthusiasm for the opportunities ahead. Parents are invited to be a part of our events, too!
- Biblical integration. Bible study is not limited to one part of the day. In math, students learn about God’s order of the world. In science, they explore the intricacies of His creation. In P.E, they develop an appreciation for how God made our bodies.
- A safe environment. Your child’s physical and emotional safety is our top priority. We have a security team on campus, 24/7 surveillance cameras, a double-buzzer entry system, and all guests are required to provide valid ID at check-in. Our school culture reaffirms that we are all made in the image of God and therefore worthy of love and respect.
Looking for an academically excellent Christian school? Take the next step and schedule a call with our admissions team.
An Enriched Learning Experience
Our proven Lower School curriculum is developmentally appropriate yet rigorous enough to prepare students for middle school and, eventually, high school college prep. All academic lessons have a biblical connection — students aren’t simply memorizing facts to pass a test; they are exploring why their work is important and how they can use their knowledge to impact the world around them.
Core subject areas:
- Social Studies
- Computer Science
- Science Lab
Today’s students are digital natives. We teach them about responsible technology use and equip them with 21st century skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, and collaboration. By exploring subjects like coding and robotics, and participating in regular science experiments, they become innovators ready for cutting-edge careers.
Students feel a strong sense of belonging as they are immersed in a community of believers, reinforcing the biblical values taught at home. Each day begins with prayer and Scripture reading, weekly chapel provides opportunities for learning and worship, and regular service projects allow students to be the hands and feet of Jesus. Recently, our Lower School students knit blankets for a group that serves vulnerable children in foster care.
Learning Outside the Classroom
Each year in elementary school, two exciting field trips complement our curriculum. These are included in tuition and greatly anticipated by our students. In the past, students have visited the Dallas Aquarium, Heritage Village, Dallas Zoo, an arboretum, and the Perot Museum of Nature and Science. Each year, fourth graders take a capstone trip to Austin and San Antonio, which ties into their social studies unit on Texas history.
“Coming to LCA has been the biggest and best decision we have made for our children thus far. I'll never forget my husband coming home from a dads' event with tears in his eyes because he was just so overwhelmed with the leadership of the school. All along the way, we have felt known, loved, and supported and it has been a huge blessing for our family.”
Services & Activities
Legacy Learning Center
The Legacy Learning Center provides a supportive environment for students with identified learning differences. By receiving minor accommodations during the school day, students with dyslexia, ADHD, or other language-based learning differences are equipped to thrive in the classroom and beyond. We partner with outside speech therapists and other specialists to help our students maximize their God-given potential.
After-school care is available Monday through Friday from 3-6 p.m. for an additional monthly fee. Students receive homework assistance from their teachers, enjoy a snack, play outside, and play games with their peers.
At the Lower School level, we integrate as many special subjects into our daily curriculum as possible. As students move toward middle school, they are invited to join interest-based clubs such as our handbell choir, morning announcement crew, art club, and safety patrol. These leadership roles equip them for the wide range of opportunities ahead in middle and upper school.
Lower School Team Leads
Learn More About LCA’s Lower School Program
We invite you to take the next step and see if LCA is the right fit for your family. Schedule a call (phone or Zoom!) and watch a virtual tour to learn more about the full range of opportunities your child will have at LCA. We look forward to meeting you soon!
Questions? Please contact Admissions at email@example.com.