Kindergarten at Legacy Christian
Where a love of Christ and learning meet
Can you believe your child is about to start kindergarten? As a parent, you recognize the importance of this pivotal year. This is when the foundation is laid for future learning — will your child grasp fundamental concepts? Will they make friends? Will they feel loved and supported? And will those values you’ve been instilling at home be reinforced at school?
Legacy Christian Academy’s kindergarten program provides a solid academic foundation in a loving environment that encourages a proper understanding of the world and God’s teachings. Below, you’ll find a brief overview of what we offer, including:
To get the best feel for our private Christian kindergarten program, we encourage you to schedule a conversation with admissions
Celebrating students through personalized learning.
Whether this is your child’s first classroom experience or they’re a seasoned preschooler, we partner with parents to create a nurturing environment that meets your kindergartner where they are. Our kindergartners flourish through:
- Care and support. We keep our classes small with an 18:1 student-teacher ratio. LCA teachers are able to really get to their students so they can offer individualized attention and differentiate instruction. At times, the class size will increase to 20 students and a full-time teacher aide is hired bringing the class ratio to 10:1.
- An active learning approach. Hands-on activities mean little learners are better able to retain information and comprehend concepts as they explore phonics-based literacy, mathematics, science, history, and Bible.
- A stimulating environment. Our kindergarten program is part of our Pre-K3 through Grade 12 community. From our playground to enrichment centers, LCA’s spaces encourage learning and engagement.
- Modeling Christian values. LCA teachers are our “Living Curriculum,” utilizing more than just books and materials to teach students. Teaching from a Biblical worldview, they integrate God’s plan and purpose in all lessons and activities.
- Safety is a priority. LCA prioritizes physical and emotional safety. We have a security team on campus, a 24-hour surveillance system, a double-buzz entry system, and all guests are required to provide valid ID when they check in. Our school culture reaffirms that we are all made in the image of God and therefore worthy of love and respect.
LCA kindergartners enjoy learning through hands-on activities and engaging experiences. Small class sizes give teachers the time and space to get to know their students, identifying how they learn best and any areas that need strengthening.
Core subject areas include:
- Reading, Phonics, and Handwriting
Weekly enrichment areas include:
- Music & Movement
- Science Lab
Technology In the Classroom
Technology compliments LCA’s kindergarten curriculum as we teach little learners how to use innovative tools responsibly and to enhance their learning experience. Kindergartners enjoy learning about computer science in our digital creation lab.
In addition to studying Bible verses and stories daily, kindergartners enjoy weekly chapel services where they sing praise songs and hymns, and listen to a Bible story highlighting good character and virtues. Students learn to apply these Godly character traits to their own lives through storytelling and activities.
Legacy Learning Center
If your child is a neurodiverse learner, the Legacy Learning Center provides a supportive environment that will maximize their God-given potential and equip them to succeed. The Learning Center offers services and accommodations to facilitate learning awareness, self-advocacy, and organizational habits.
“Coming to LCA has been the biggest and best decision we have made for our children thus far. I'll never forget my husband coming home from a dads' event with tears in his eyes because he was just so overwhelmed with the leadership of the school. All along the way, we have felt known, loved, and supported and it has been a huge blessing for our family.”
A kindergarten program that works with your family’s schedule.
LCA’s kindergarten programs are five days a week from 8:30 am – 3:10 pm, with learners enjoying core subjects and activities, lunch with friends, enrichment classes, and daily play.
Monday – Friday
Kindergarten | 8:30 am – 3:10 pm
Kindergarten – Spanish Immersion | 8:30 am -3:10 pm
*Early drop off is available beginning at 7:30 am
Legacy Extended Care
After-school care is available Monday through Friday from 3:10 pm to 6:00 pm for an additional monthly fee. Students are grouped according to their grade level as they enjoy age-appropriate activities and outdoor play, weather permitting.
Kindergarten Team Lead
Legacy Christian Academy is excited to welcome Lisa Embry back for the 2022-2023 school year. Lisa will be supporting the Lower School and Early Learning Campus in curriculum development and instructional practices through coaching and supporting teachers. Lisa is...
Legacy Christian Academy is excited to welcome Bethany McMillon as our Lower School Assistant Principal for the 2022-2023 school year. Mrs. McMillon is already a familiar face in the Lower School as she currently serves as the Librarian in The Hub. She was an...
Being a parent is hard. Being a parent in today’s world, with an abundance of technology and the overwhelming availability of news and information makes it even more challenging. To combat the ever-evolving challenges of parenting, my husband and I developed the...
Learn More About LCA’s Kindergarten Program
We know how important it is at this age to have children learning consistent lessons; you want to be sure there’s alignment between the home and school. Schedule a call (phone or Zoom!) and a virtual tour and see why families choose Legacy Christian Academy for their kids.
Questions? Please contact our Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.