Steps to Admission
Faith comes first at Legacy. Take note of dates and deadlines to help you in your application journey.
Opportunities to visit with us one-on-one and visit campus to experience our community in action!
The steps and requirements to help you through the application process are outlined here for you.
Legacy Christian Academy is a covenant school. A covenant represents a much deeper relationship between the family and school than a contractual relationship. Our mission is to develop strong leaders with biblical convictions for college and beyond. It is our commitment to partner with you as you raise your child(ren). We will uniquely know, love, and prepare your child(ren). We are committed to being the school of choice for committed Christian families in North Texas. Therefore, at least one parent must profess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and believe in Him as Lord and Savior. If this is true of your family, we would be honored to share all Legacy has to offer, not only for your student, but your entire family. We offer the following resources to help you learn more:
Dates & Deadlines
- October 1: Applications Open
- November 15: Priority Application Deadline
- April 1: Spring Application Deadline
- July 25: Summer Application Deadline
- Throughout the school year:
- Applications will be accepted for grades with open spaces
- LCA welcomes well-qualified applicants throughout the year
Pre-K - Kinder Admissions
1st - 8th Grade Admissions
9th-12th Grade Admissions
Ready to Move Forward?
We are thrilled you've decided to apply to LCA. We accept applications on a rolling basis, and everything you need to know about the application process is included below. If you have any questions, contact us at email@example.com.
An online application must be submitted for each child for whom you are applying. All required supplemental forms and contact information for your recommendations can be uploaded with the application or submitted later.
Fees collected at the time of application submission:
- $125 non-refundable Application Processing Fee
- $175 Testing Fee for Grades Pre-K3–6
- $1000 one-time Spanish Immersion Program Fee (if applicable)
1 REQUIRED MATERIALS
In addition to the application, the following items are required to complete the applicant’s file.
- Birth certificate
- Student Visa (for international students only)
- Immunizations records
- Report Cards for previous 2 years.
- Standardized Test Scores for previous 2 years:
- Grades 3-8: most recent standardized test scores
- Grades 9-12 we prefer the following: ACT, PSAT, SAT or ISEE scores
- Principal, Guidance Counselor, or Director
- Grades Pre-K3–Pre-K4: classroom teacher
- Grades Kindergarten–5: classroom teacher and specials teacher
- Grades 6-12: Math and English teachers
- Character Reference: if the applicant has not been in school, is homeschooled, or the school does not allow recommendations, general character references are accepted from non-family members. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
3 Admission Testing
Grades Pre-K3–6: Testing is conducted at LCA and is scheduled once an application has been submitted. $175 testing fee is paid with application submission. Testing for Pre-K applicants will be conducted once they turn 4; it is not required for admissions.
Grades 7-12: If an applicant has not taken the ACT, PSAT or SAT, they will need to take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). Testing is scheduled and paid for by the applicant family; fees range from $200-$225. Register online at erblearn.org; click “For Families” to access registration information and online or in-person test options. Legacy’s code is 570852.
4 Shadow Experience
The best way for prospective students to learn about LCA is to be an Eagle for the day! Students in grades 6 -12 are invited on campus for a first-hand look into a typical day at Legacy. They will attend classes with a Student Ambassador, eat lunch with new friends, tour the campus, meet teachers, and ask questions.
5 Drug Testing
All applicants in grades 7-12 are required to submit a hair sample in accordance with our universal drug testing policy, which is available online.
6 Family Interview
If we feel we can successfully partner with the family and meet your child(ren)’s needs, we will schedule a Family Interview where both parents meet a member of the divisional leadership team. Student applicants in Grades 5-12 will also interview individually in the same timeframe.
Welcome to Legacy!
If your applicant is accepted, an email will be sent with a link to the Continuous Enrollment Agreement (CEA). Your family will have no more than 7 days to submit the CEA and the one-time $1500 New Student Enrollment Fee. At this point the applicant will be officially enrolled as a student!