Steps to Admission
We have been truly blessed by the partnership with LCA these last two years for our older son. We have witnessed a true partnership in not only his education but molding his character as well. We've seen how biblical truth is used to shape his actions and choices and teachers and staff lead by example. We hope for all of our children to experience this type of education where they feel valued, loved, and prepared for the next chapter of their educational journey where they feel equipped with the tools to defend their faith and lead a Christian life.
We’re happy you are considering the steps to apply for admission.
As you consider the important investment in a world-class private school education for your child, we look forward to sharing information that allows you to get to know Legacy and help inform your decision making. We know that selecting the right-fit school for your student is an important process, and our team is dedicated to making your family’s experience personal, thorough, and enjoyable. We are excited to get to know you and support you and your child through our admission process.
The Legacy Learning Center (LLC) has limited openings for grades 5-12. Please click here to connect with an admissions coordinator before starting the admissions application process for a student currently receiving accommodations or support services.
If you have questions or would like to visit with a member of our Admissions Team, please click HERE.
We are eager to connect with you!
Step 1 - Faith First
Legacy Christian Academy is a Covenant School. A Covenant represents a much deeper relationship between the family and school than a contractual relationship. As part of that Covenant Relationship, there are certain expectations for families applying to Legacy
- Our goal is to grow and develop Legacy with strong Christian families who are able to articulate a salvation testimony of grace through a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. At least one parent and students in grades 7-12 must profess a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and believe in Him as Lord and Savior.
- Only students whose academic records demonstrate a proven capability to succeed will be considered for our program. Students should be performing at or above grade level and be in positive academic standing in their previous school.
- Students recommendations should show a behavioral history that is in harmony with the expectations of Legacy Christian Academy and student should exhibit a strong desire to be enrolled at Legacy.
If these statements are true of your family, we would be honored to share all Legacy has to offer, not only for your student, but your entire family.
Step 2 - Submit Online Application
An online application must be submitted for each child for whom you are applying. All required supplemental forms and contact information for recommendations can be uploaded as a part of the application or submitted later. As a reminder, you can access the application any time by logging into your account here.
Step 3 - Upload Required Supplemental Materials
In addition to the application, the following items are required to complete the applicant’s file.
- Birth certificate
- Student Visa (for international students only)
- Immunizations records
- Report Cards for previous 2 years
- Standardized Test Scores for previous 2 years:
- Grades 3-8: most recent standardized test scores
- Grades 9-12 we prefer the following: ACT, PSAT, SAT or ISEE scores
- Principal and Teacher Recommendations:
- Principal, Guidance Counselor, or Director recommendation
- Teacher Recommendation(s)
- Grades Pre-K3–Pre-K4: one teacher recommendation
- Grades Kindergarten–5: classroom teacher and specials teacher/previous year’s teacher recommendations
- Grades 6-12: Math and English teacher recommendations
- Character Reference: general character references are accepted from non-family members if the applicant has not been in school, is homeschooled, or the school district does not allow recommendations. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Divorce Decree or Custody Documentation (if applicable)
Step 4- Testing
- Grades Pre-K4–6: All applicants complete the Legacy Admissions Assessment that comprises the WPPSI IV for grades Pre-K4–2 and the WISC-V for grades 3–6. Testing is conducted at LCA and is scheduled once an application has been submitted.
- Grades 7-12: If an applicant has not taken the ACT, PSAT or SAT, they will need to take the ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam). Testing is scheduled by the applicant family online at erblearn.org: click “For Families” to access registration information and online and in-person test options. Legacy’s code is 570852.
Step 5 - Applicant File Review
Once an applicant file is complete, the admissions committee will review the file to evaluate our ability to successfully partner with a family and meet a child’s academic and spiritual needs.
Step 6 - Grades 5-12 Shadow Experience & Drug Test
Upon a successful Applicant File Review, applicants in grades 9-12 are required to participate in a half-day Shadow Experience. The shadow experience is optional for Applicants in Grades 5-8. Applicants for Grades 9-12 are required to submit a hair sample in accordance with our universal drug testing policy, which is available online.
Step 7 - Family Interview
If we feel we can successfully partner with the family and meet the child’s needs, we will schedule a Family Interview where both parents meet a member of the divisional leadership team. Applicants in Grades 5-12 will also interview at the same time but separately with the divisional leadership team member.
Step 8 - Admissions Decision
Following the Family Interview, the admissions committee will review the prospective applicant file and family interview information and make an admissions decision, which will be communicated by email. If the applicant is accepted, an email will be sent with a link to Continuous Enrollment Agreement (CEA). A family will have no more than 7 days to submit the CEA and required fees. At this point the applicant will be officially enrolled as a student.
Early Decision Option
Applicants who have a completed application file by December 15, will be eligible for Early Decision. Students eligible for Early Decision may continue the admissions process, and, if we have confirmed openings in a grade level, may be issued an enrollment agreement for the upcoming school year.
With many grades approaching capacity at Legacy, Early Decision is a wonderful opportunity to secure your student’s consideration for acceptance.