Before you start the application process:
What does it mean to be a Covenant Christian school?
Legacy Christian Academy is a non-denominational, Covenant School. A Covenant represents a much deeper relationship between the family and school than a contractual relationship. As part of that Covenant Relationship, it is important for each of our families to understand and agree with the basic Biblical standards upon which the school was founded.
- We require that at least one parent is a Christian with a testimony of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- We also require the family be regular attendees of a Bible-teaching church, as will be evidenced by the submission of a Church Involvement Form.
- We believe that the Bible is inspired by God, inerrant and authoritative and that it is the divine and final authority for Christians. Examine these Scriptures: II Timothy 3:16; Psalms 12:6, 119:105, 160; II Peter 1:16, 20, 21; Proverbs 30:5.
What does Legacy look for in a potential applicant?
What are the birthdate guidelines when applying to early education and Kindergarten?
- Pre-K 3 -Must turn 3 years old by September 1st
- Pre-K 4 -Must turn 3 years old by September 1st
- Transitional Kindergarten -Must turn 5 years old by September 1st
- Kindergarten -Must turn 5 years old by September 1st
** Students applying for Pre-K3 through Kindergarten must be able to complete their restroom needs independent of adult assistance.
Is Legacy Christian Academy accredited?
May I come to campus to take a tour?
Can my student come in for a shadow day?
Of course. Students currently in grades 4-11 are welcome to participate in a shadow day. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Are you still accepting applications for the current year?
What are your school immunization requirements?
Current Immunization Record or notarized waiver through the Texas Dept. of Health and Human Resources
Do you provide before and after-school care?
Legacy does not currently offer before-school care. We are happy to provide after-school care to our families through our Legacy Extended Care (LEC) Program.
After School – Dismissal – 6:00p.m. (PreK3 – 5th grade Only) **Early Dismissal days until 4:00p.m.
- Monthly fees are due regardless of attendance.
- Withdrawal in writing by the 5th of the preceding month to not be charged on the 1st of the month.
- Late pick-up fee – $5 after the first minute, $1 for each additional minuteFor more information, please contact:LEC Director Candi Gartner at email@example.com
Do the students wear uniforms?
Yes, Legacy students wear uniforms. Click here to view the uniform standard.
Which admissions tests does Legacy require?
Admissions Assessment Options
- Kindergarten: Grace Evaluation Cognitive Abilities testing
- Grades 1-4: Grace Evaluation Cognitive Abilities testing or norm-referenced testing from current year
- Grades 5-8: Norm-referenced testing from the current year, ISEE or Grace Evaluation Cognitive Abilities testing (less than 1 year old)
- Grades 9-12: Norm-referenced testing from the current year, PSAT, ACT or ISEE or Grace Evaluation Cognitive Abilities testing (less than 1 year old)
- If a student is in a Gifted Program or has recent (2 years) diagnostic testing we will not require admissions assessment.
- ***Norm-referenced testing refers to IOWA, Cog AT, ACT, or SAT scores.
- Assessment from Grace Evaluations; this provides information about a student’s learning styles, working memory and processing speed, as well as other executive functioning skills. The testing is given at Grace Evaluations in McKinney. The cost to the family is $350, payable to Grace at the time of the testing.
- ISEE testing: applying for grades 5-12. The ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) is administered at various school testing sites. Please go to www.erblearn.org, click the “Assessments” tab and you will see the directions to register for the ISEE. Please be sure and put the Legacy school code on the registration: 570852.
Does the school provide transportation?
No, Legacy does not currently provide transportation to or from campus.
Do you offer lunch on campus?
We are proud to offer lunch to our students through Sage Dining Services.
General Admissions Questions
How do I start the admission process?
Are you still accepting applications for the current year and what is the deadline for application submission?
Yes, the enrollment process is ongoing. Legacy accepts applicants throughout the school year until the grade is filled to capacity.
Since the enrollment process is ongoing, there are no hard deadlines for application submission.
How will I know when my admission application is complete?
After you submit the online application, you will be given a RenWeb Login. Please keep that information handy. You can use that login for 24/7 access to monitor the status of your student’s application and receipt of necessary documents.
What are the admissions related fees
- $125 – Application fee – $125
- $350 (paid to a third party) – Testing fee if necessary
- $1500 – One-time new student enrollment fee
All application, testing and enrollment fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
Tuition & Tuition Assistance:
What is the tuition for the current year?
The tuition schedule for the 2018-2019 school year is below. The Legacy Board evaluates and sets each year’s tuition based on a number of economic factors. The new tuition amounts are published every January. We expect that future increases will be in line with the annual increase in operational costs.
Are there any additional fees above and beyond tuition?
In an effort to minimize fees, Legacy tuition includes school supplies for grades K-8, all athletic and fine arts participation fees, and grade-level trips.
Certain extracurricular activities and elective courses may require additional fees.
** $600 Registration fee per student required annually at the time of re-enrollment
How do I apply for need-based tuition assistance?
Please visit the Tuition Assistance for additional information. The first step in the process is to visit the FAST website to start your application for tuition assistance. You will be asked for 2016 and 2017 tax information.
Legacy Christian Academy recognizes that every family’s financial situation is different; therefore, each family is reviewed individually for a determination of a need-based tuition award.
When should I apply for tuition assistance?
The application period for the 2018-2019 tuition assistance year is open. All applications for tuition assistance must be completed, including all required documentation, by the admission application deadlines.
Will my application for tuition assistance affect the decision for my child's acceptance?
No, your application for tuition assistance will not impact the decision for admission. Legacy evaluates each application on the merit of the student, selecting students who best fit our school mission and values. The tuition assistance process is handled separately though FAST, our third-party tuition assistance program.
Do you offer a sibling discount for tuition?
Yes. Legacy Christian Academy is pleased to offer a discount of $250 to siblings of currently enrolled students.
Is lunch included in tuition?
No, lunch is not currently included in tuition. Legacy is proud to offer lunch through Sage Dining Services.
Can I pay my tuition online?
Yes, you are welcome to manage your tuition account online through FACTS Tuition Management.
Payments begin in March and conclude in December.
Installments for new students enrolling after March will be spread over the remaining months in the calendar year. New students enrolling at mid-term pay a pro-rated tuition amount.
Special Programs – Learning Differences/International Students
Do you have programs for children with learning differences?
Do you accept international students?
The International Student Program at Legacy Christian Academy allows us to welcome students requiring an I-20 document. The International Student Program accepts students entering grades 9th-11th. All International students must follow the admission guidelines for a traditional student, as well as meet additional criteria, including:
- Demonstrate a faith in Jesus Christ during the student interview;
- Reside with a Christian family, as evidenced in the application and family interview who lives in or in the surrounding area of Frisco, TX;
- Submit an Affidavit of Relationship, indicating that the student resides with a blood relative.
- Provide English ability test scores. Acceptable tests and preferred minimum scores include: TOEFL (70 or higher), ELTiS (225 or higher) or SLEP (55 or higher)
- All translated documents must be official translations; all foreign documents must include certification of authenticity.
Please note that I-20’s can only be legally issued once the student and family have been through our entire admissions process and are accepted to Legacy Christian Academy.