Distance Learning Plan
During Distance Learning, it is our desire to continue your child’s education while staying connected with teachers and classmates. Due to the large developmental differences among our Lower School students (PreK3 – 4th grade), teachers will send out more specific details as it pertains to each grade level. In order for your child to continue growing and mastering new skills, it is important for them to stay engaged and complete assignments throughout distance learning. Please reach out if you need our assistance. Teachers will be available during designated office hours. We are here to help you and your family have a successful experience.
Below are a few general guidelines for Lower School:
- Every class will have a learning plan posted in Seesaw by 9:00 a.m.
- Lower School students will receive synchronous and asynchronous instruction through Seesaw and Zoom.
- Teachers will communicate assignment due dates. They will vary by grade level.
- Specials teachers will provide lessons and activities throughout distance learning. These are optional, but we highly encourage your child to participate.
- Mrs. Thompson and Mr. Rhodes will post a weekly chapel video. Distance learning will not keep us from worshipping our Lord and Savior!
- Teachers will be available during school hours
- LLC Services ~ Mrs. Gross will email parents of LLC students and give more information regarding the continuation of support specific to her students.
- Dr. Snear is available for virtual counseling if needed. She will be sending an email with detailed directions on how to make an appointment for video or phone counseling.
- Dyslexia Services will continue in an online format. Mrs. Stockton will send out more information
- Please update your Renweb contact information for regular updates. If you need assistance, please reach out to email@example.com
- Visit www.legacyca.com/covid-19 to stay up-to-date with the latest.
- If you have any questions or need additional help, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are working hard to get your questions answered as quickly as possible.
- Join us on social media! Follow Legacy Christian Academy on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/LegacyChristian/) and Instagram (@friscolegacy) to stay connected to our community.
As a family, join us in daily prayer time at 1:09 pm in reverence to Joshua 1:9, “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”