Apply Online at Legacy Christian Academy, Serving the DFW Metroplex
If you are looking for a Christ-centered school that partners with North Texas families, you've come to the right place! Legacy Christian Academy is proud to be a premier Christian school serving Frisco, Dallas, Plano, Prosper, McKinney, Allen and beyond. For your convenience, we have included several resources designed to guide and inform you as you begin the admissions process. Have a look around, call us at 469-633-1330, or come visit us at 5000 Academy Drive, Frisco, Texas 75034.
Thank you for your interest in Legacy Christian Academy!
Click here to request information from our Admissions Office. The 2017-2018 Application is available online now. Please let know how we may best serve your family.
Please don't hesitate to contact us with any questions. We look forward to meeting you.
Celeste Cordon & Nicole McGlasson,
We are excited that you're thinking about applying to Legacy Christian Academy. Applications are reviewed throughout the admission process in an ongoing effort to best determine the fit of each applicant with Legacy Christian Academy.
- Apply and Submit Online Application with $125 Fee Paid Online*
- Request and/or submit Required Forms*
- 2 current year Confidential Teacher Recommendations
- Current year Confidential Principal Recommendation
- Current year Confidential Church Involvement Form (Form must be signed by attended church Pastor, staff member, or Sunday School teacher acknowledging attendance/involvement in a Christian church.)
- Copy of Applicant's Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record or notarized waiver through the Texas Dept. of Health and Human Resources
- Report Card/Transcript Showing Previous 2 Years
- Report Card/Transcript Showing Previous 2 Years
- Divorce Decree, if applicable
- Family Photo (optional)
All recommendation forms are available to send to the appropriate persons via email once the online application has been submitted.
3. Admissions Assessment Options
- Kindergarten: Grace Evaluation Cognitive Abilities testing
- Grades 1-4: Grace Evaluation Cognitive Abilities testing or norm referenced testing from current year
- Grades 5-8: Norm referenced testing from current year, ISEE or Grace Evaluation Cognitive Abilities testing
- Grades 9-12: Norm referenced testing from current year, PSAT, ACT or ISEE (less than 1 year old)
- If a student is in a Gifted Program or has recent (2 years) diagnostic testing we will not require admissions assessment
- Norm referenced testing refers to IOWA, Cog AT, ACT, or SAT scores.
- Assessment from Grace Evaluations; this provides information about a student's learning styles, working memory and processing speed, as well as other executive functioning skills. The testing is given at Grace Evaluations in McKinney. The cost to the family is $350, payable to Grace at the time of the testing.
- ISEE testing: The ISEE (Independent School Entrance Exam) Please go to www.erblearn.org to register for the ISEE. The cost to the family for the ISEE ranges from $110-$135. Please be sure and put the Legacy school code on your registration: 570852.
4. Student File Review
Upon receiving all required forms, the Admissions Committee will review a student’s application, testing results, and forms. If a student’s completed file meets all the admissions requirements, the school will contact the family to schedule a family interview.
5. Family Interview (students entering grades 5-12 participate in interview)*
During the family interview, both parents will meet with the school principal to discuss the student, his/her school experiences thus far, as well as parent’s Christian testimony. Students in grades 5-12 will also meet separately with the principal for a similar discussion.
6. Acceptance Decision
Following the family interview, the Admissions Committee will meet to make a final determination on acceptance. Acceptance decisions will be communicated by a mailed letter typically within a week of the family interview.
*If a student/family is NOT mission appropriate, he or she may be declined at any point during the process.
The International Student Program at Legacy Christian Academy allows us to welcome students requiring an I-20 document. The International Student Program accepts students entering grades 9th-11th. All International students must follow the admission guidelines for a traditional student, as well as meet additional criteria, including:
- Demonstrate a faith in Jesus Christ during the student interview;
- Reside with a Christian family, as evidenced in the application and family interview who lives in or in the surrounding area of Frisco, TX;
- Submit an Affidavit of Relationship, indicating that the student resides with a blood relative.
- Provide English ability test scores. Acceptable tests and preferred minimum scores include: TOEFL (70 or higher), ELTiS (225 or higher) or SLEP (55 or higher)
- All translated documents must be official translations; all foreign documents must include certification of authenticity.
Please note that I-20's can only be legally issued once the student and family have been through our entire admissions process and are accepted to Legacy Christian Academy.
- Minimize fees charged separately from tuition. In an effort to minimize fees, Legacy tuition includes school supplies for grades K-8, all athletic and fine arts participation fees, and grade-level trips.
- Attract and retain the best teachers possible. The largest part of the tuition increase will go toward teacher salaries and benefits. Moderate, sustained increases in compensation will keep us competitive in attracting and retaining an excellent faculty and staff.
- Improve the quality of curriculum and programs we offer our students. We believe that Legacy parents want excellent teachers, functional and attractive facilities, a well-rounded curriculum, and superior educational services for their children. The balance of the tuition increase will be used for these purposes.
Included above is our most current tuition information. Annually, tuition for the upcoming school year is released in January.
Tuition payments begin in March and conclude in December. Returning families are responsible for the annual registration fee due at the time of open re-enrollment, typically during the last final weeks of January.
Tuition installments for new students enrolling after March will be spread over the remaining months in the calendar year. For instance, a family enrolling during April, will pay their tuition over nine installments instead of ten. New students enrolling at mid-term pay a pro-rated tuition amount.
New families must return their first month's tuition and one-time new student enrollment fee with their enrollment agreement to reserve a child's position at Legacy.
Beyond the first month's tuition, all tuition payments are handled by FACTS. The LCA Business Office creates a family's initial account once an enrollment agreement has been processed. Families can then setup auto-draft payments from a checking account.
Tuition payments can be made with credit cards through FACTS. Please note that a rate of 2.75% for FACTS transactions will be added to the total amount paid by a credit card.
LCA offers need-based tuition assistance. Families apply for tuition assistance and admission concurrently. Tuition Assistance applications are processed through FAST Financial Aid for School Tuition, an independent, third-party. Families wishing to apply for tuition assistance can begin the process by creating an account with FAST.
If you have questions about this process, please call 877-326-3278.
"It is the policy of Legacy Christian Academy to conduct its educational practices, admissions program, financial aid policies, student selection, and other school administrative programs on the basis of an individual's qualifications and abilities. Legacy Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law, unless a particular status protected by federal, state, or local laws contradict the deeply held religious convictions of the Academy."