Apply Online at Legacy Christian Academy, Serving the DFW Metroplex
If you are looking for a Christ-centered school that partners with North Texas families, you've come to the right place! Legacy Christian Academy is proud to be a premier Christian school serving Frisco, Dallas, Plano, Prosper, McKinney, Allen and beyond. For your convenience, we have included several resources designed to guide and inform you as you begin the admissions process. Have a look around, call us at 469-633-1330, or come visit us at 5000 Academy Drive, Frisco, Texas 75034.
We would love to have you as our guest on campus! At the heart of Life@Legacy are the relationships our teachers have with their students, and we cannot wait for you to experience this in person!
We are excited that you want to learn more about Legacy Christian Academy. We would love to send you information so that you can gain a better understanding of Life@Legacy.
If you would like to experience Life@legacy in person, please consider signing up for a tour here.
We are excited that you're thinking about applying to Legacy Christian Academy. Applications are reviewed throughout the admission process in an ongoing effort to best determine the fit of each applicant with Legacy Christian Academy.
- Apply and Submit Online Application with $125 Fee Paid Online*
- Request and/or submit Required Forms*
- 2 current year Confidential Teacher Recommendations
- Current year Confidential Principal Recommendation
- Current year Confidential Church Involvement Form (Form must be signed by attended church Pastor, staff member, or Sunday School teacher acknowledging attendance/involvement in a Christian church.)
- Copy of Applicant's Birth Certificate
- Current Immunization Record or notarized waiver through the Texas Dept. of Health and Human Resources
- Report Card/Transcript Showing Previous 2 Years
- Report Card/Transcript Showing Previous 2 Years
- Divorce Decree, if applicable
- Family Photo (optional)
All recommendation forms are available to send to the appropriate persons via email once the online application has been submitted.
3. Admissions Testing*
- Complete Admissions Evaluation Form* and return to LCA Admissions Office
- Diagnostician from Grace Evaluations will contact applicant family to schedule appointment
- Testing Results will be sent directly to LCA Admissions Office
4. Student File Review
Upon receiving all required forms, the Admissions Committee will review a student’s application, testing results, and forms. If a student’s completed file meets all the admissions requirements, the school will contact the family to schedule a family interview.
5. Family Interview (students entering grades 5-12 participate in interview)*
During the family interview, both parents will meet with the school principal to discuss the student, his/her school experiences thus far, as well as parent’s Christian testimony. Students in grades 5-12 will also meet separately with the principal for a similar discussion.
6. Acceptance Decision
Following the family interview, the Admissions Committee will meet to make a final determination on acceptance. Acceptance decisions will be communicated by a mailed letter typically within a week of the family interview.
*If a student/family is NOT mission appropriate, he or she may be declined at any point during the process.
Legacy Christian Academy accepts applications for International students grades 9th-11th. All International students must follow all admission guidelines for a traditional student, as well as the meet the guidelines and criteria detailed below.
All other international students must:
- Demonstrate a faith in Jesus Christ during the student interview;
- Reside with a Christian family, as evidenced in the application and family interview who lives in or in the surrounding area of Frisco, TX;
- Submit an Affidavit of Relationship, indicating that the student resides with a blood relative.
- Provide English ability test scores. Acceptable tests and minimum scores include: TOEFL (70 or higher), ELTiS (225 or higher) or SLEP (55 or higher)
- All translated documents must be official translations; all foreign documents must include certification of authenticity.
Please note that I-20's can only be legally issued once the student and family have been through our entire admissions process and are accepted to Legacy Christian Academy.
At Legacy Christian Academy, the admissions' doors are always open. Students apply and are accepted based on their mission-appropriateness throughout the school year, including mid-term and mid-year transfers.
To help facilitate a timely admissions' process and acceptance decision, we have implemented three acceptance deadlines. However, just because a deadline has past does NOT mean it's too late! What it does mean is that the admissions decision may be delayed.
2017-2018 Admission Deadlines Information
Early Acceptance Deadline: December 16, 2016
Students who have a complete admissions file* are eligible for acceptance by January 31, 2017. If there are confirmed openings, enrollment agreements will be mailed at the same time that our current students receive their re-enrollment agreements. With many grade levels nearing capacity at Legacy, early acceptance is a wonderful way to secure consideration for your child's acceptance.
Regular Application Deadline: May 22, 2017
Students who have a complete admissions file* are eligible for acceptance by June 15, 2017.
Summer Application Deadline: July 27, 2017
Students who have a complete admissions file* are eligible for acceptance by the start of the school year, pending availability. Course selection opportunities may be limited due to availability.
2017-2018 Athletics Enrollment Deadlines
Spring Sports Transfer Deadline: January 24, 2017
Cheerleader Tryouts: March 17, 2017
To be eligible to tryout for 2017-2018 Cheerleading Squads, female applicants must be enrolled by Friday, March 3 for the 2017-2018 school year. This means that the applicant has a completed student file, has been accepted, and has returned her enrollment agreement and applicable payment. For more information, click here.
*A student's admissions file is complete when the application, all supplemental forms, including recommendations and test results have been processed.
- Minimize fees charged separately from tuition. In an effort to minimize fees, Legacy tuition includes school supplies for grades K-8, all athletic and fine arts participation fees, and grade-level trips.
- Attract and retain the best teachers possible. The largest part of the tuition increase will go toward teacher salaries and benefits. Moderate, sustained increases in compensation will keep us competitive in attracting and retaining an excellent faculty and staff.
- Improve the quality of curriculum and programs we offer our students. We believe that Legacy parents want excellent teachers, functional and attractive facilities, a well-rounded curriculum, and superior educational services for their children. The balance of the tuition increase will be used for these purposes.
Included above is our most current tuition information. Annually, tuition for the upcoming school year is released in January.
Tuition payments begin in March and conclude in December. Returning families are responsible for the annual registration fee due at the time of open re-enrollment, typically during the last final weeks of January.
Tuition installments for new students enrolling after March will be spread over the remaining months in the calendar year. For instance, a family enrolling during April, will pay their tuition over nine installments instead of ten. New students enrolling at mid-term pay a pro-rated tuition amount.
New families must return their first month's tuition and one-time new student enrollment fee with their enrollment agreement to reserve a child's position at Legacy.
Beyond the first month's tuition, all tuition payments are handled by FACTS. The LCA Business Office creates a family's initial account once an enrollment agreement has been processed. Families can then setup auto-draft payments from a checking account.
Tuition payments can be made with credit cards through FACTS. Please note that a rate of 2.75% for FACTS transactions will be added to the total amount paid by a credit card.
The Legacy Board of Directors acknowledges that some families simply cannot afford tuition. That is exactly why Funding Legacy's Youth (FLY) program exists. Through FLY, tuition assistance is available to families who demonstrate financial need and have students enrolled in grades K-12. The Board of Directors has substantially increased the tuition assistance funds available next year so that a Legacy education will remain accessible for as many mission-appropriate families as possible.
Tuition Assistance applications are processed through FACTS Tuition Management Company, an independent, third-party. If you have questions about this process, please call 866-412-4637.
"It is the policy of Legacy Christian Academy to conduct its educational practices, admissions program, financial aid policies, student selection, and other school administrative programs on the basis of an individual's qualifications and abilities. Legacy Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law, unless a particular status protected by federal, state, or local laws contradict the deeply held religious convictions of the Academy."