Lunch and Cafeteria Information
On the North and South Campuses Legacy Christian Academy partners with FLIK Independent School Dining and My Kids Spending (MKS) to transform our cafeterias into culinary experiences. FLIK manages our food services program in its entirety, including the oversight of student account management through a software platform called My Kids Spending (MKS).
In addition to their website, both FLIK Independent Dining Services and My Kids Spending (MKS) offer mobile applications. Tap to download FLIK ISDining on iPhone or Android device.
Tap to download the My Kids Spending app on iPhone or Android device.
** If a lunch account reaches a $-25 balance, the parent will be sent an email requesting the account be brought current.**
FLIK is an innovator in private and independent school dining. Our dedicated team of associates at Legacy Christian Academy is committed to providing quality food service every meal. Our meals are prepared from fresh ingredients and support local and sustainable agricultural practices. By providing healthy meals in conjunction with nutrition education, we are equipping students with the tools needed to live a healthy lifestyle. We go above and beyond food service by offering nutrition education that empowers students to make healthy choices every day. Being ever mindful of the cultural, and dietary, preferences of a diverse student body, faculty, and staff, our menus are created exclusively at LCA by the on-site management team. Our Nutrition Specialist and Corporate Executive Chef review menus and provide culinary and dietary expertise so that students explore diversity through foods and learn the importance of making healthful choices.
- We prepare our foods from whole, fresh ingredients, limiting the use of processed foods and avoiding products containing artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, and high levels of sodium.
- We only serve chicken and turkey that have been produced with the restricted use of antibiotics.
- We offer whole grains as an option on our salad bars and as side dishes on the hotline.
- We have made a commitment to serve fresh milk only from cows that have been certified to be free of the artificial growth hormones rBGH/rBST.
- We offer a wide variety of bread, including whole grain options.
- We offer a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables daily.
- We purchase meats graded “choice” or higher. Our turkey and roast beef are nitrate-free and roasted in-house. Our ham is low in sodium, and all products are free of Monosodium Glutamate (MSG), fillers, and gluten.
- We use minimal amounts of fat in food preparations. We use olive and non-hydrogenated canola oils which have more monounsaturated fat and less saturated fat than other cooking oils. Our oils do not contain trans fats.
- We offer napkins made from 100% recycled materials.
Meet our Director of Dining Services
Brynn was born and raised in York, Pennsylvania. She recently moved to Texas with her spouse and our son. I attended Yorktowne Business Institute and received an Associate Degree in Culinary Arts.
Brynn's work background includes Hotel, Fine Dining, and Higher Education. Her passion is cooking and combining different flavors that typically are not matched with each other. She loves to use fresh and local ingredients.
In her downtime, she likes to spend time with her family doing different activities. She also enjoys playing chess and swimming.
How Do I Create An Account in My MyKidsSpending?
To register your MyKidsSpending account, or to add a new student to an existing account, go to https://www.mykidsspending.com and select either “Get Started” from the upper banner or the “Create Account or Add Student” button near the bottom. If the school registered your account (you’ll usually get an email saying so) and you need a password, please skip to how to request your password.
Here you will enter the e-mail address you would like to use. This e-mail will serve as both your log in ID and also it will be where we send any e-mail correspondence. There are also fields for your first and last name, your phone number, your student's school, your student’s ID number, and your student’s first and last name.
If you are only adding one student, once your information is entered, click the “complete registration” button and you will be taken back to the main page. If you have multiple students to add, clicking on “Register this account” will instead keep you on the same page and allow you to add another student.
At that point we attempt to match the school, student name and ID number, and if we get a match, the account will be set up for you automatically and a confirmation e-mail will be sent providing your password information. If you do not have the student ID number, or we are unable to verify some information you have entered, you'll get an e-mail letting you know that the school is still in the process of loading your student's information into our systems and we will work to complete the registration for you.
Your password can be changed at any time by logging into your account, selecting the Change Password button and following the prompt. E-mail addresses can be updated similarly by logging in and selecting the Change E-mail Address button and following the prompt.
Please consider adding our address AccountSetup@MyKidsSpending.com to your address book so that any correspondence is not accidentally filtered out as spam. We can be contacted at that e-mail if you have any questions.